Morocco Photo Gallery
Camels in Morocco are known as Dromedaries (one hump)……
Tangier – it’s history dates back to the 5th century BC and it has long been a destination for many European and American diplomats, spies, writers, and businessmen.
Chefchaouen – is a city in the Rif Mountains and known for its blue-washed buildings in the old town.
Marrakesh – known for its Medina packed with vendors and stalls. Also important as one of the four former imperial cities (Fes, Marrakesh, Meknes and Rabat) that were built by Moroccan Berber empires.
Intrepid Travel – 10-day South Morocco Discovery. During our journey, we traveled to…….
- the remote village of Aroumd in the High Atlas Mountains. Stayed in a Gite with no heat.
- Ait Benhaddou on the edge of the Sahara Desert.
- Draa Valley to Zagora, a small oasis town on the Sahara frequently used for film locations.
- Sahara Desert camp on the Erg Chigaga dunes. Remote and bare bones camp with tents, but we choose to sleep under the stars. An amazing night of stargazing with no ambient light. Beautiful sunset and sunrise with front row seating on the dunes.
- town of Taroudannt, also known as ‘Little Marrakesh’.
- Essaouira – our favorite town in Morocco. Seaport town with everything you need inside the old Medina walls…..great restaurants, nightlife, shopping, and a hammam.